Face A Happy Holiday
By: Mister Makeup (David Maderich, @davidmaderich, #davidmaderich)
Photo by: www.robertoligresti.com
Hair by: John Edwards
The holidays are here, darlings. And that means parties – and Mister Makeup is ready to take you from the office to the party with five easy “get ready quick” beauty ideas. From red lips to green glitter nails, read on for my TOP FIVE get glam quick tips.
1. If you’re running straight from the office to a holiday soirée, nothing says festive fun more than a red-lipped smile. I mean, even if you are in the back of a speeding Uber you can perk up your pucker with a dash of red lipstick – just be careful of any sudden stops! My favorite red of the season is Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick in Red Alert.
PRO TIP: Add a dash of translucent powder around the edges of your lips to keep your lipstick from bleeding and smearing.
2. Turn on the glitz with glitter nails by Butter Nail Lacquer. Try Henley Regatta – a stunning shimmering green that will transform your nails into mini disco balls. As Liza Minnelli croons in Cabaret of her green nails, “They are divinely decadent, darling.” I couldn’t agree more.
PRO TIP: If you make any mistakes, try a cotton swab preloaded with remover by Hollywood 24-Pack Nail Polish Swabs. Carry a few in your purse. Genius.
3. To add some flair to an office eye, try a swoop of liquid black liner for an instant catty after-five feel. I adore Kat Von D’s Ink Liner – a rich waterproof and foolproof felt tip liner that comes in 10 glorious colors including black, brown, blue and green. Be sure to keep the lid on tight to prevent it from dying out too quickly. I also use it to draw sexy beauty marks ala Marilyn Monroe.
PRO TIP: For gals that can’t seem to get their flick/tails even, try my trick: apply Scotch Tape to outer corner of your eye to line up your flick and proceed to draw on your liner – when finished peel off the tape and say hello to perfect winged liner.
4. If staring at the computer all day has made your eyes tired and weary and not party friendly, give them a pick-up with Tom Ford’s Illuminating Highlight Pen. Before heading out for a night of shenanigans, use this handy twist-up pen to defuse and smooth those troublesome shadows and flaws. A must for all gals that burn the candle at both ends.
PRO TIP: Try a dash of subtle strobing by running the Tom Ford Illuminating Highlight Pen down the center of your nose and high on your cheekbones for instant shimmering and slimming effects.
5. If your dead of winter skin is looking dull and pale, don’t reach for the bronzer, instead try a dash of pink blush. Swirl a whisper of Kevyn Auction The Pure Powder Glow in Shadore – a soft pink – on the high apples of your cheeks for an instant wake me up.
PRO TIP: Use a touch of blush on your eyelids and temples to add a soft glow to your skin.
Happy festivities and holidays, darlings!