Mister Makeup’s Amazing Five Minute Summer Face
By David Maderich:
Main photo by www.robertoligresti.com
That’s right, my darlings, with only so much summer sunshine to go around, why waste time in the mirror? My five minute/five step routine will have you dolled up and ready to sip poolside martinis in no time.
A Foundation for No Foundation
1. In the summer heat, full coverage foundation and concealers are a Mister Makeup no no – they just melt off you face into a gooey mess. Yuck. To the rescue is Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation. This miracle in a bottle is packed with antioxidants and a SPF 30 and the sheer tint blurs out your imperfections without feeling or looking like makeup. For extra glow, add a touch of Perricone MD No Bronzer Bronzer to the high points of your face – cheeks, forehead and chin. And no powder please.
Instant Lip and Cheek Color
2. For instant summer color, try a creamy blush. Stila Convertible Color was the first and still the best multi-use color cream. Try blending a smidge of Petunia (a perfect peachy nude) high on the cheekbones; and add a dash to your eyelids and lips for a quick bounce of definition and shine. For added gloss on the lips, I’m in love with Smith & Cult Lip Lacquer in Flesh Riot – a great rose gold nude.
3. Make your eyes pop with a swipe of black mascara. Curl your lashes (try Kevyn Aucoin The Eyelash Curler) – Next, give your lashes two coats of a thick non-clumping mascara – I’m not a drugstore snob, I adore L’Oreal’s classic Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara.
4. With seconds to spare, nothing adds drama to a face more than a good strong eyebrow. In the humid and sticky summer, most eyebrow pencils and powders can oxidize and turn your eyebrows orange – and that is a definite NO. For neutral hued brows anytime of the year, try my secret weapon: Shiseido Natural Eye Brow Pencil in Natural Black. Yes, I know it says black, but this universal color goes on light to dark in the perfect taupe tone for everyone. Try it.
5. Finally, don’t forget your nails. Clean and polished nails spell class with a capital C. For easy summer maintenance, try the same color on both hands and feet. Try Zoya Professional Lacquer in Aster – a lovely fresh periwinkle that adds a dewy glow while being remarkably neutral, too.
Bonus Tip: Amazing skin is essential for my five-minute routine. To sooth dry summer skin, a light vitamin rich serum (try Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Serum) soothed onto the skin premakuep is essential. To help the serum penetrate, try the JeNu Skincare Infuser – an amazing little tool that uses ultrasound energy to push the serum into the skin. I use it on every model with amazing plumping results.
That’s it sweeties, go glam in five minutes – and have a cocktail for me.
Follow me on instagram https://www.instagram.com/davidmaderich/